Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Want to Run With Scissors in Taipei

First of all...I know that what may be okay in one culture may not be alright in another.

Therefore, it isn't fair of me to judge Taiwanese culture so harshly sometimes based on my completely western objective.

BUT.

Sometimes, I feel like I see something so heinous...so wrong....so completely irreprehensible and egregious....I would feel remiss NOT to say or do something.

Behold:


MATCHING RAT TAILS!

These boys were obviously brothers, ages around 10 and 6...this wouldn't have been SO BAD if they were adults, and fully in control of their fates and destinies..but damn. They're just children....unwitting trusting innocent little children.

And as if that wasn't enough of a blister upon my eye, 3 minutes later:


I really hope for her sake that's just a nasty hair extension she forgot to take out.

Makes me inspired to revive Taipei Mullets again.

No comments: