Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ghost in the Geisha: Robo Asians Are Fierce

Looking at the poster for the new Memoirs of a Geisha film starring ZZ Yi, I couldn't help but feel like I was staring at a promo for the live action version of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.



I know the blue eyes for Sayuri, ZZ's character was a MAJOR PLOT POINT in the book to make up for the fact that she was WAY BORING otherwise. And yes, Geisha's are supposed to have white skin.

STILL, did they have to make her look like such a cyborg? And where did her nose go?!!?

On that note:



At last, the trifecta is now complete!

Seriously, is eye color the only thing Michael Jackson HASN'T changed about his appearance? He might as well conquer that anthill and join up with his sistahs.

Closing Thoughts and Ruminations:

*Asians in color contacts look inhuman and robotic.
*Michael Jackson should move to Asia. Black Hair,Whitening Lotion, Sars Mask already in vogue.
*Stay tuned for my Memoirs review after I see the film. (I am actually quite curious)

No comments: